Mission & Vision
Saturn Street Elementary is committed to fostering productive, responsible life-long learners. We provide our diverse student body with quality instruction and experiences. Our students are actively engaged in learning that will enhance their creativity, independence, and critical thinking. Our students work collaboratively to become effective communicators that will make a positive difference in the local and global community.
Saturn Street Elementary believes in teaching the whole child. We encourage our students to take risks in a safe learning environment. We promote individuality and teach our students to be problem solvers and independent thinkers. We nurture behaviors that promote positive and productive citizens. We ensure equity of voice amongst all members of the community where everyone is valued and everyone is heard. We believe that families are an integral part of our learning community and encourage year round involvement.
- learn through differentiated small group instruction
- engage in hands-on collaborative learning
- take part in Gifted and Talented Programs
- are engrossed in project based learning
- are supported through in school and after school intervention programs
- participate in visual and performing Arts (art, drama, dance)
- have an opportunity to participate in orchestra
- are given a voice through Student Leadership
- experience learning beyond the classroom through field trips, Arts Faire, Family Literacy Night, and school-wide cultural events